It’s a new year and a chance for a refresh and a new start for your hotel. Who better to receive some hospitality tips from than the top dogs at four of the biggest companies in the industry: Google, Tripadvisor, Facebook, and Twitter. The top hospitality industry site ehotelier.com interviewed them to bring you this rare insight asking them all these questions:
- What do you think are the essential social media strategies for hotels in 2014?
- Why are they important?
- What should hoteliers do about them?
The most important thing you need to know is they are all singing off the same hymn sheets and are consistent with their advice – you can all take a deep sigh of relief! This includes: getting more online and making use of mobile marketing; using social media to engage with guests before, during and after their stay with you; make sure you’re thinking about your social media when you look at your marketing strategy and guest experience and finally invest in paid products to increase your reach and visibility online.
Other key points of advice are:
- Ensuring your brand presence is consistent and strong across all of your platforms
- Making use of free platforms like TripAdvisor and Pinterest that can give a strong sense of what your hotel is about, provide tips for customers and reviews from other visitors.
- Keep your content rich and relevant then share it across as many relevant platforms as you can. Include things that matter the most to your customers or interesting pieces that will set you aside from the rest. Do make sure you can keep on top of each of these though as you need to be able to respond to people. Which brings us on to the next point nicely…
- Engage with customers online throughout the whole experience.
- Use social sites to advertise and target the customers you want.