The Hilden Style Awards are back for 2016 and this year we’ve undergone a drastic makeover.
Each year our awards aim to find the unsung heroes excelling in interior design, which is why it is important that we ensure our awards stay fresh and current to reflect changes in the market.
We are constantly on the look out for those venues focusing on providing the ultimate guest experience through stylish design.
Brand New Categories
That’s why we have completely overhauled our categories. Instead of submitting a stylish room we want to take into consideration your entire venue and find the ‘complete package.’ But that’s not it – our awards this year also include a completely new sector.
Over the past few years we have been working closely with the healthcare arm of Vision Support Services, here we have been fortunate to witness a very different world of interior design.
The care home market is an up and coming sector in terms of stylish experiences, with many establishments now focusing on not only providing residents with a functional and practical setting, but also ensuring that the style meets comfort in a calming and homely environment. This is what inspired us to consider this sector of the market in our 2016 awards.
This year’s categories:
- Most Stylish Independent Hotel or B&B
- Most Stylish Independent Restaurant
- Most Stylish Care Home
Only independent establishments or groups with less than 10 venues will be taken into consideration for the Hilden Style Awards 2016.
Brand New Prizes
We’ve also changed our prizes to reflect your feedback from entering last year’s awards. This includes £500 to spend online at Hilden.co.uk, two Nespresso coffee machines for use in your venue and a case of champagne.
Not only that, but we have our usual prizes up for grabs: his and her luxury Liddell robes, a glass trophy and certificate to display in your venue, a double page spread in our annual Style Guide and of course great exposure and publicity for your venue.
Brand New Judges
This year we’ve further overhauled our judging panel to reflect our awards makeover. We’ve also added an extra judging seat, as we want to ensure the best mix of opinions and expertise from across two industries. Our awards aim to be completely impartial and all decisions are completely at the judges’ discretion.
Our judges this year include (Top left to bottom right): Lee Birchall, Architect & Interior Designer for Bar/Restaurant/Hospitality and Healthcare, Ellie Tennant, Interior Design Journalist, Gemma Ralph, Deputy Editor of Hospitality Interiors Magazine, Lucy Forsyth, Healthcare Interior Designer, Jeremy Tring, Editor of Eat.Drink.Sleep Magazine and Victoria Hargreaves, Sales Manager of Vision Support Services’ Hospitality division.
Tips for Entering
Entering your care home, restaurant or hotel/B&B into our Style Awards couldn’t be easier. Simply click here, fill in the upload form and submit your photo:
- You can only upload one photo to sell your venue so make sure this photo really maximises the most of your hospitality or healthcare interior. You will be judged and shortlisted based on this photo. If you make the finals, then your venue will be visited by a representative where additional photos will be taken.
- You can enter more than one category – for example, if you are a hotel and a restaurant, you can enter both categories to double your chances in the competition.
- Follow us on social media – we upload all our entries to our social media platforms and engagement on your photo can go a long way in influencing the judges’ decisions! We always take into account audience responses and engagement in our hospitality and healthcare design awards.
- Shout about your entry – to maximise the exposure of your venue online be sure to share your photo on social media with the hashtag #hildenstyleawards2016 – don’t forget to tag us!
The Hilden Style Awards 2016 are the only online awards to recognise unique and stylish interior design from the independent hospitality sector, and now, the small care home market. The Style Awards will be open from 16th May to 2nd September 2016, so make sure your stylish establishment to be in with a chance of winning.
Enter Here Today >>